Registered Nurse OPWDD
Dobbs Ferry, NY US
Registered Nurse - OPWDD - $50 per hour
Multiple boroughs available! Monday- Friday AM schedules!
RN's needed to provide case management in group homes working with the developmentally disabled.
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse:
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining all required documentation as required by OPWDD and agency policies
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
The Registered Nurse is responsible to maintain the medical and health care needs of the individuals who live in our residences and/or attend our programs
The Registered Nurse reports to the Director of Clinical Services and finally to the Executive Director.
- Conduct and document semiannual medication review, review medication administration records, inspect and maintain medication storage cabinet
- Discard medications as appropriate, prepare medication records
- Maintain ongoing Nurse's notes detailing medical and health concerns of individuals.Provide annual, monthly and semi annual medical and health information to the Clinical Director for annual and semiannual ISP meetings
- Provide in-service training to program staff and individuals
- Such trainings shall include, but will not be limited to: infection control, preventing the infection and spread of communicable diseases, basic first aid, signs and symptoms of illness, specific health and medical needs of the individuals served
- This, shall include but not be limited to: evaluating self-medication capabilities of individuals, recertifying AMAPs annually and providing periodic training and observation as needed
- Supervise medication administration activities in the IRA
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Documentation of a current license must be provided and maintained on file at the facility
- 3-5 years working experience working with developmentally disabled population