Personal Care Aide Supervisor
Bronx, NY US
United Staffing Solutions is looking for a Personal Care Aide Supervisor for one of ou assisted living and housing clients in Bronx, NY.
Under the supervision of the on-site building staff, provide a range of services and supervision to residents with the goal of enabling residents to live as safely and independently as possible.
Pay: $25-30/hr DOE
Schedule: Sat-Wed 2pm-10pm, schedule may vary slightly
Personal Care Aide Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervise the personal hygiene and physical well-being of the residents.
- Assist residents as needed in activities of daily living, including: bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, walking, and other personal care needs.
- Monitor to assure that residents are eating meals regularly each day.
- Assist residents in using the dining room, participating in activity programs, and joining in the life of the residence.
- Escort residents to medical and other appointments as directed, including visiting residents who are in hospital.
- Assist kitchen staff as needed in meal preparation, serving, and clean up.
- Assist housekeeper/porter as assigned, including participating in recycling activities and laundry.
- Travel for errands to stores, clinics, and offices as directed.
- Monitor the safety and security of the building and residents by staffing the front desk, including:
- Interacting with residents in cordial, respectful way, spending time with them and assessing their individual needs
- Screening visitors
- Monitoring any alarm and security systems
- Answering phone calls.
Additionally, about working within the building community and with other staff members, the Personal Care Aide will:
- Work as a member of a team to establish and maintain high level of care and respect for the resident community.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Actively communicate any issues or concerns to his/her supervisor.
- Report information about resident progress, needs, and problems with other staff.
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills.
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary.
- Submit all required reports in a complete and timely manner.
- Assist with other duties as directed
- Prior supervisory experience of PCAs or similar field
- Prior PCA experience
- Ability to manage, coach, and train others
- Be proficient in MS Office, Outlook, and Excel
- Must be up to date, or willing to complete, all trainings and certifications necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary