New Providence, NJ US
GENERAL MANAGER – DINING HALL
United Staffing Solutions, a leader in the staffing industry is representing a well-established, successful Senior Living community. They are seeking a General Manager to run the operation of their kitchen, restaurant, café, and catering hall.
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year. Depending on Experience
Hours/Days: Monday-Friday 10am-7pm. Weekends and holidays are required as needed.
Excellent Benefits Package.
Responsibilities for the General Manager:
· Manage meal time preparation, service, and the overall efficiency of the kitchen
· Supervise all Dining Managers, Trainers, Restaurant Staff, Utility Staff, Chef, and Culinary Staff
· Manage organization and sanitation of dining rooms, kitchens, and storage areas
· Provide residents with quality food and service
· Make sure food and supplies are inventoried, stored, and received
· Make sure all services and programs are following federal, state, and local laws, and statutes.
· Manage the financial operation of the dining program
· Maintain budget and purchase products from vendors
· Coordinate catering events
· Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant Management, Dietetics, Hospitality or Institutional Management
· Some institutional dining experience required
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food service management including, production, service, and sanitation
· Must be willing to obtain ServSafe certification within 6 months of employment
· Prior experience managing large staff, dining rooms and kitchen areas
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills