Fundraising Development Director
Manhattan, NY US
United Staffing Solutions, a leader in the staffing industry, is seeking a Fundraising Development Director in Manhattan, NY.
Pay: $115,000-$125,000/year DOE
*Excellent Benefits Package*
Position Summary: The Fundraising Development Director will be responsible for leading all fundraising activities and initiatives aimed at securing funding for organization’s operations and programs, thereby ensuring the organization’s financial sustainability. The director will develop, implement and oversee a comprehensive fundraising plan with the goal of expanding philanthropic support for the organization. Additionally, this position involves planning and executing cultivation and fundraising events.
Responsibilities of the Fundraising Development Director:
- Design and implement annually a comprehensive Development Funding Plan which sustains the fiscal health of the organization and provides future financial resources for growth and expansion.
- Including but not limited to annual giving, major giving, corporate partnerships, corporate and foundation grants (writing and management), special events (internal and third party), and other opportunities to raise funds to support the organization’s mission.
- Develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image .
- Collaborate with the Chief Development & Communications Officer & Chief Executive Officer as a point of contact for inquiries related to funding, donations and fundraising.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with current and potential donors, both individuals and institutional, to ensure their engagement with and long-term commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Work closely with the Manager, Data Analytics to collect, organize, and maintain a complete and accurate database record of donors and funding received.
- Utilize fundraising data and analytics to evaluate campaign effectiveness, make informed strategic decisions, and identify areas for improvement.
- Creates funding targets for board of directors. Establishes tracking tools and monitors monthly.
- Work collaboratively with fundraising event chairs to offer management, production and oversight of both NFB internal fundraising events.
- Including developing and managing production timeline, budget, and evaluation.
- Oversee branding, image and consistency of messaging in all organization materials. Including ensure messaging is updated and accurate in all marketing and outreach materials.
- Design and produce annual giving campaign, as well as auxiliary marketing, promotional and outreach materials
- Oversee the creation of compelling fundraising collateral including proposals, case statements, and impact reports that resonate with various donor segments.
- Work collaboratively with team members as needed to secure food resources. Coordinate media events; speak on behalf of organization with media outlets as needed.
- Effectively communicate the organization’s mission, vision, and impact to donors, partners, and the broader community through presentations, written materials, and networking events.
- This includes making presentations to various community, corporate and church groups as needed.
- Work effectively as a member of multiple project teams.
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to travel locally and regionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Proven track record of at least 5+ years progressively responsible development experience, with demonstrable results across multiple streams of funding.
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles, strategies, and trends in the non-profit sector.
- Five plus years’ experience with donor databases, Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in establishing and institutionalizing donor database best practices.
- Passion for the organization’s mission and genuine commitment to its values.
- Familiarity with social service programs and a strong desire to help improve the lives of the residents in East Harlem.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, challenging, constantly changing environment.
- Overall flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A dedicated work ethic, diligence, and readiness to be a hands-on team member helping foster a collaborative and goal driven environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Suite experience is essential.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Preference for advanced skills in Excel, data analysis and creating data visualizations.
- Creates a sense of urgency throughout the organization on the importance of achieving outcomes.
- Inspires, influences, and enables team members to reach their goals
- Approaches challenges with creativity and flexibility.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking.
- Guides change to meet goals.
- Evaluates and revises goals semi-annually with the team.
- Provides consistent supervision and documents performance highlights and concerns
Applying and Developing Expertise:
- Embraces and leads the team to achieve milestones.
- Seeks and supports professional development opportunities for team members. Manages finances and budgets effectively
Communicating and Collaborating:
- Listens well and actively engages with others with honesty and integrity and holds the team accountable to the same standard .
This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated and results-oriented individual to drive meaningful change.
For Immediate Consideration contact:
George Oliver 212 743-0211 Direct Line