Fundraising Development Associate
Manhattan, NY US
United Staffing Solutions is seeking a Fundraising Development Associate in Manhattan, NY.
Salary: $48,000 to 58,636/year DOE
FLSA: Exempt Location: On-site; with the potential some remote work.
The Development Associate supports the ability to engage our individual donors and sponsors to fulfill our mission. The Development Associate will work alongside the Director of Development in the management and execution of all development-related activities, with a specific focus on day-to-day database management and acknowledgments, as well as event support throughout the year. The role requires strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and a positive can-do attitude. This is the ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about volunteerism and wants to grow their experience in event planning.
Responsibilities of the Fundraising Development Associate:
- Support the Director of Development in all aspects of special events including pre- and post-event planning, entering and tracking donors, creating thank you letters etc.
- Manage day-to-day donation entries and corresponding donor acknowledgment letters.
- Coordinate with finance department to ensure records are complete and accurate.
- Research and implement new processes for database and event tracking efficiency.
- Assist in communications with individual donors and sponsors.
- Provide support for additional development-related administrative tasks (lists, reports etc.)
- Commitment to mission, vision, and values.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ non-profit experience in a fundraising/development role.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfortable engaging with individual donors and sponsors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the mission .
- Willingness to learn and try new things.
- Must have a sense of humor.
- Experience as a volunteer a plus.
- Knowledge of East Harlem community strongly preferred.
- Creates a sense of urgency throughout the organization on the importance of achieving outcomes.
- Inspires, influences, and enables team members to reach their goals
- Approaches challenges with creativity and flexibility.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking. Guides change to meet goals.
- Evaluates and revises goals semi-annually with the team.
- Provides consistent supervision and documents performance highlights and concerns
Applying and Developing Expertise:
- Embraces and leads the team to achieve milestones.
- Seeks and supports professional development opportunities for team members.
- Manages finances and budgets effectively
Communicating and Collaborating:
- Listens well and actively engages with others with honesty and integrity and holds team accountable to the same standard.
For Immediate consideration contact:
George Oliver 212 743-0211 Direct Line