Executive Assistant - Medical
Stony Brook, NY US
Administrative Assistant - Medical Assistant - Clerical - Executive Assistant
United Staffing Solutions, a leader in staffing, is representing a major Long Island Hospital seeking experienced Executive Assistants for their Medical Oncology department and and Lung Cancer Evaluation Center. This is a temporary assignment for 6 months.
The schedule is Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm. The position is located conveniently in Stony Brook, NY. Pay rate is $20-$23/hour depending on experience.
Responsibilities for the Executive Assistant:
- Heavy phones and customer service
- Responding to messages in Cerner Powerchart & Outlook
- Obtaining medical records
- Generating referrals for procedures & treatments
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Associates degree or higher required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of administrative/clerical and customer service experience
- At least 6 months of experience working in a medical setting, clinic, or doctor’s office
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to interact with the cancer patient population and their families
- Must be empathetic, kind, patient, and willing to listen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Professionalism and "patient-first" attitude
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19
This is a great opportunity to build on your Executive Assistant skills in the medical field while helping individuals and families navigate a challenging time. We are interviewing daily, apply now for immediate consideration!