Jersey City, NJ US
United Staffing Solutions is representing a large, nationwide transportation and logistics service who is looking for Dispatchers for their Jersey City, NJ location.
Dispatchers will be responsible for communicating with vendors, customers, and drivers about freight schedules, deliveries, and other information as needed.
Schedule: 1st shift 6am-3pm MON-FRI OR 2nd shift 10am-6pm MON-FRI. Must have a flexible schedule.
Pay: $20-25/hr DOE
- Communicating with customers and vendors about freight details, pickup and drop-off times, and special requests
- Planning predetermined routes for drivers
- Identifying traffic problems and issues and creating appropriate corrective action plans to achieve desirable results on time.
- Preparing general dispatch documents for management, as well as pulling any documents that employees, customers, or vendors will need
- Maintain a record of all dispatch calls, driver routes, route changes, as well as delivery times
- Logging vendor complaints or concerns
- Answering phone calls from vendors, customers, and management and helping them as needed.
- Prior experience as a dispatcher or similar position, 2+ years experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable speaking with customers, vendors, etc over the phone
- Data Entry (MS Excel and similar programs)
- Great Attitude at all times while communicating
- Time management
- Ability to adapt and make changes as needed