Delivery Box Truck Driver
Bronx, NY US
United Staffing Solutions is looking for Delivery Route Drivers for a grocery delivery client in the Bronx, NY.
The Mobile Operation Team (MOT) Driver is responsible for distributing products promptly to our customers. You will represent our company professionally and cost-effectively to increase our profitability and customer satisfaction. The primary responsibility is responsible for providing efficient and safe delivery of boxes to our valued customers within the NYC area. A driver operates a refrigerated truck and a hand truck to assist when making deliveries. Our drivers deliver orders to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time.
This is a temporary to permanent position, drivers will be converted permanent after 30 based on performance and attendance.
Pay: $18/hr Non CDL Drivers
$19/hr CDL Drivers
Schedule: Full Time, weekends required, Fri, Sat, Sun 1:30pm-12am(or when needed) weekday shifts as assigned. OT available.
Requirements of the Delivery Route Driver:
- Deliver a wide variety of items to different addresses and through different routes
- Follow routes and time schedule
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect, and operate a delivery vehicle
- Ask for feedback on provided services and resolve clients’ complaints
- Collect payments
- Inform customers about new products and services
- Complete logs and reports
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Proven working experience as a Delivery Driver
- Very Strong Customer Service Background
- Operate Forklift to move product around as needed on company premises
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record with no traffic violations
- High school degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years of RECENT box truck driving experience
- Ability to clearly communicate and read in English
- Must be able to work weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday)
- Must have flexibility with work shifts (mornings and/or evenings)
- Ability to complete all basic and recurring training
- Must be able to deliver orders up to 50 lbs. in weight to the appropriate destination within a scheduled time (this may include walking up or down several flights of stairs)
- Must be comfortable interacting with customers
- CDL is not required, but a plus