Queens, NY US
United Staffing Solutions, a leader in the healthcare staffing industry, has an immediate need for a Housekeeper/Cook. This is a great opportunity to work in an OPWDD setting.
Shift/Hours: Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pmor 8 am-4 pm
Responsibilities for the Cook/Housekeeper:
- Services which Functions are related to DSPs (such as, but not limited to Maintains and submits timely and accurate nutritional records and reports; Assist each resident, in skill development in areas such as domestic living, medical appointment; Assist in transporting of the individuals to and from programs, community inclusion activities, medical appointments and etc.)will provide on a temporary basis when the DSP is not present for any reason.
- Provides and ensures a safe, clean and normalized home-like environment at all times. Informs Program Manager of Physical Plant needs.
- Promptly informs the Program Manager / Assistant Program Manager of any serious incident or violations of individuals and/or staff rights, per established policies.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean environment internally, and around the exterior of the facility periodically daily/ weekly /monthly (this includes but is not limited to the cleaning of the individuals room, bathroom, kitchen, furniture dusting, bathroom, closets, refrigerator, freezer, A/C vents, laundry and vent, complete laundry, window sills, empty of all garbage to the required location which include for pick up).
- Maintain inventory and cleanness of supplies and room; submit order where/when applicable.
- Ensure assigned clients’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet and assist with feeding as necessary.
- Ensure that lint is cleaned from the dryers weekly and the area behind the washer is lint and debris free.
- Responsible for all garbage removal daily and collecting all recyclables items including transporting items at a designated time and place
- Planning and preparation of meals in consist with the individuals diet order and menu (this include cooking of the meals which include meats, sauces, desserts, and other foods. his includes Organizes assists, supervises and, when necessary, prepares meals for the individuals.
- Responsible for maintaining clean environment internally and around exterior of building daily.
- Reports as indicated needs for service/repairs and inventory (e.g. specialized maintenance) receipts and financial records for food and supplies.
- Maintains and submits timely and accurate nutritional records and reports regarding the development status, progress and other related information concerning the program and individuals.
- Responsible for safe preparation and storage of all food items used at the house.
- Responsible for requisitioning appropriate amounts of food at established intervals and preparing designated menus.
- Stores foods appropriately before and after cooking in bins, cupboards, or refrigerators.
- Prepares vegetables by washing, scraping, peeling, and chopping.
- Ensure the adequate amount of food is in the program at all time.
- Washes and sterilizes dishes, pots, and utensils after meals.
- Confers with Program Manager when menu changes are indicated (i.e. necessary substitution or the use of leftovers).
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Food Handlers Certificate preferred.
- Two years of experience in food preparation preferred.
- Basic Computer skills for menu planning and food ordering, ability to read and write, and use a Telephone, Fax machine, and Copier.
- AMAP Certification, SCIP R and CPR & First Aide preferred.
Apply now for immediate consideration!