Certified Preschool Teacher
Manhattan, NY US
United Staffing Solutions, a leader in the staffing industry, is seeking a Certified Group Teacher (preschool) for full-time work in Manhattan, NY.
Salary: $80,000-$82,500/year DOE
Position Summary for the Certified Group Teacher:
Under the supervision of the Educational Site Director, the Certified Group Teacher will plan and execute a program implementing an approved agency curriculum to provide quality early childhood learning experiences for children. This program will take into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child.
Please note the credentials required for this certified role, including but not limited to current New York State Education Department Certification in Early Childhood Education. Study Plan options are also available.
Responsibilities of the Certified Group Teacher:
- Implement a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and developmental level of children to enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
- Develop and create developmentally appropriate weekly lesson plans in accordance with the approved agency curriculum.
- Keep equipment and material accessible and in good condition to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
- Remove and/or report any damaged or hazardous equipment to the Educational/Site Director or designated individual so necessary action may be taken.
- Assist in the planning of appropriate arrangement of classroom furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning.
- Collaborate in the overall planning for the best use of shared space for center programming.
- Identify and utilize community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.
- Maintain good working relationships and objective attitudes with classroom staff.
- Participate in regular group conferences with classroom staff.
- Develop an appropriate plan by which the Teacher and Associates can share information concerning the children and program with the parents.
- Attend and participate in group parent meetings.
- Respect the confidential nature of all information about parents and children.
- Assume responsibility for planning and conducting regular group conferences with classroom associates, encouraging their attendance and participation in workshops and conferences designed to further their professional growth.
- Expand professional growth and development through participation in individual and classroom group conferences and related training opportunities.
- Adhere to the classroom staff plan to inform and share information regarding the program and children with parents.
- Attend and participate in group parent meetings.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information regarding children and parents.
- Participate in regularly scheduled supervision meetings with Educational/Site Director and/or Instructional Support Coaches. Discuss professional performance objectively and utilize supervision as a source of information and professional guidance.
- Update and maintain all records required and necessary for the effective administration of the center and the development of the program, work with the individual child and group, students or volunteers. Share records and work with appropriate classroom and center staff.
- Perform routine duties in the classroom and center related to all functions of the program.
- Accepting responsibility when required for fulfilling the overall administrative function in the director’s absence.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Educational/Site Director and the Director of Early Childhood Education.
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education is required.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- A teaching license or certificate valid for service in the early childhood grades as set forth by New York State Education Department (NYSED) regulations is required. This includes Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2); (n-6); or (Pre-K-6) certification OR NYSED certification for Children with Disabilities (Birth-Grade2).
- Candidates without certification may be eligible to join as a Group Teacher on a Study Plan to be completed by a defined date to be determined based on the date of employment. Eligibility to be determined by the ECE panel.
- Two years’ experience working with preschool-age children is required.
- Knowledge of Head Start performance standards is a plus.
- Successful Department of Investigation and State Central Registry clearances are required.
- A dedicated work ethic.
- Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills and writing ability.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
- A strong desire to help improve the lives of the residents in the East Harlem community.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
For Immediate Consideration Contact:
George Oliver 212 743-0211 Direct Line